Street Roots is a proud sponsor of May Day 2010 in PDX this year. Find out more.
- Please visit us at news.streetroots.org
- One veteran uses his experiences to connect with the next generation
- A thank you to readers, from Street Roots vendors
- Vendor profile: Making a pitch for new beginnings
- Comments disabled for this blog in preparation for new News site launch
- Philanthropy for the masses: Give!Guide engages community-minded donors
- Right 2 Dream Too files suit against city
- Spend 24 hours on the streets with Street Roots #SR24
- Developer David Gold responds to complaint process campaign against homeless camp’s ‘land use issue’
- Breaking: Developer pushes for change at Right 2 Dream Too
I used to march in the May Day “protest” until it became a crusade to grant illegals amnesty. It should be focusing on the rights of citizen and resident workers’ needs for livable wages, dignified treatment on the job, benefits, and quality of living. An ultra-liberal spin red herring.
That’s to bad. SR firmly believes in the rights of individuals, regardless of their legal status. Saying that, I can’t argue w/you around workers needs, but down on the block brothers and sisters are just fighting for the basic human right of shelter and housing. We stand in solidarity…
– Israel Bayer
Pingback: Festival of Resistance « For those who can’t afford free speech